The Jurassic Museum of Asturias (MUJA) has adapted its facilities and services to help minimize the risks of COVID-19 virus infection. It has therefore taken account of the various instructions and recommendations issued by Spain´s Ministry of Health and the Institute of Tourism Quality. The latter has put together a specific guide for Museums and Cultural Sites, in response to a request from the Secretary of State for Tourism, which various social players, experts and cultural associations have collaborated in.
Before you visit the Museo del Jurásico de Asturias:
- The facility´s visitor capacity will be reduced during the lockdown exit, according to the regulations in force at each stage. We therefore recommend you purchase your tickets either online, from the website, or from the telephone sales service by calling 985 185 860, available Mondays to Fridays, from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Please be punctual, as it is essential for visits to be made within their booked times, to ensure our visitor capacity is complied with.
- Visits to the facility will be free of charge. The following digital documents are available to the public:
- Visits may be either individual or family, but group visits are not allowed.
- There will be no face-to-face cultural or educational activities. The Museum has a regular online programme for every type of visitor (workshops, storytelling, audiovisual broadcasting and educational games and hobbies). Check out our website´s calendar and news sections www.museojurasicoasturias.com.
- The Rest Area, Children´s Park, fountain and benches are all temporarily unavailable. So too are the interactive services and audio guides.
- We recommend you wear a mask for your personal protection.
On the day of your visit:
- Keep to a social distance from others (between family or household unit) of at least two meters at all times.
- Follow the recommended route for your visit and preferably keep to your right.
- You are advised to use a credit card when paying for any of the Museum´s services.
- Pay attention to the instructions and recommendations listed on the information board.
- Please do not touch surfaces, display cabinets, fossils or replicas outside.
- Only one person at a time may use the museum´s toilets or lifts, except when they may need assistance.
- Follow the hygiene and sanitation recommendations when using the toilets.
- Disinfectant gel dispensers are available at the entrances to the museum´s reception, shop and toilets.
- We have single-use gloves available for using lockers, the electric-vehicle charging point and the shop. You are not allowed to touch any products. Ask an assistant for help.
- Vending machines are not available.
- Please do not use the benches.
- There are pedal-opening wastepaper bins available for managing your waste during tours.
- Call our assistants for any questions or queries . We´re here to help.
Hygiene and sanitation measures reminder:
- Clean your hands frequently (washing them with soap and water or alcohol solutions).
- Stay at least two metres away from others or wear a mask, when you cannot keep to that distance.
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues or elbow flexed when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as your hands may be carrying the virus.
- If you experience any symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, muscle ache or headache), call 984 400 100 – 900 878 232 or 112.
The Museum has numerous digital resources for visitors to enjoy from home and learn about dinosaurs and the Asturian Jurassic. They are all available from the MUJA website, which is constantly updated: www.museojurasicoasturias.com.
You can also follow full information on the Museum on: